The Bremen Police Department is located at 123 S. Center St.
Chief Brad Kile's staff includes 12 full time officers, 12 reserve officers and 14 civilians including dispatchers, animal control and school crossing guards. The three members of the Police Commission are Mike Leman, James Emans, Charles Hiester.
D.A.R.E. is a drug and violence prevention education program taught in schools.
The D.A.R.E. curriculum is designed to equip early adolescent students with skills to resist substance abuse and violence. Lessons include the following:
- Learn to recognize and resist peer pressure to experiment with tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
- Enhance self-esteem.
- Learn assertiveness techniques.
- Learn anger management and conflict resolution skills.
- Develop risk assessment and decision-making skills.
- Build interpersonal and communications skills.
- Learn about positive alternatives to substance use.
- Reduce violence.